(I will also format this post properly when I'm back in sg)
Managed to prove this little theory of mine again today :)
Firstly, I've been wanting to eat ice cream for manymanymany days but haven't got to. Been very annoyed in japan and the least I could have is my comfort food but no I was deprived of that too. Which made me even more annoyed. But anyway today I gave up hope of getting to eat ice cream because my mum was putting down every soft serve shop we passed by. But for some reason she suddenly decided to go in and even wanted a cone for herself?!?! So yes we each got a cone of matcha ice cream and I was sooooooooo happy and surprised. Ok more of surprised. And with every lick I took I felt happier and more surprised than ever. Ok I know this whole thing sounds lame but it's really what I felt so...........
Also got to buy a bit of stuff today like a new normal sized bottle, a phone cover and 2 t shirts! Totally wasn't expecting to do any shopping here so yes it came as a surprise too.
I realised why unplanned things make me so happy. It's because I don't expect them, so I have no expectation whatsoever. So whatever happens will definitely exceed my expectations. Heheh love surprises and stuff like these!!!
///
Anyway japan makes me really sad because it is full of one thing that evokes sympathy in me : elderly. Nothing can make me feel the way I feel for the elderly. Guess I really have a soft spot for old people. The ageing population thing here is so obvious I see waaaaaay more old people than young adults. And most of the adults I see are tourists. Wonder where working japanese are....... But yeah not only are they old, they are lonely and frail. So many old people eating alone, and that's what I hate most. I die a little inside whenever I see an old person eating nice food alone. Nice food is meant to be shared, but they have no one to share it with so they have to enjoy it alone. As I type this many old people eating alone scenes I witnessed are playing in my head and I feel more and more eurgh. Saw so many old people eating alone in these past few days and I really wanna go and sit with them and smile at them or something, to let them know that someone cares. But it's so weird cos I'm like some random tourist in some random shop and has zero idea of how to communicate with them in their language. Zzzzzzz. Saw an old woman sitting outside the lift with huge bags of popcorn today, and she was miserably eating the popcorn alone. Didn't even manage to see her face and smile at her because her winter coat hood was on and she was looking down.
But anyway in japan I realised that eating alone is perfectly normal. The ramen shop that we had our first meal at catered mostly for solo eaters. Many other places too, they have a lot of single tables and cubicles for eating and all. This is very sad. :'( maybe I feel so strongly about this because I'm an extrovert (recently come to terms with the fact that I'm an extrovert but I shall save that whole story for another day) and I need people around me. Maybe those people don't feel sad at all and are perfectly fine with living everyday alone. Maybe they are enjoying their old solitude. But still, I can't help but feel sad :( I wish I could be their friend or smth :(((((((
Ok honestly, I think being alone is perfectly fine sometimes I like being alone too. But it's when they're old and alone that I feel sad. They're so frail and all and have no one to support them if they fall. Not like another frail person will be able to support the weight of their fall but at least there will be someone to call for help or smth.......
Anyway another sad sight I saw today was an old man carrying this advertisement board for some arcade in the rain with no umbrella or anything. He was standing under some shelter but rain was still getting in. Sigh why do they let him do that he may catch a cold from all that rain and wind :'(
Sighhhhhhh. Sometimes I wish all the lonely old people in the world could unite and form some old people club where they can socialise and share fun memories together before they pass away. And more importantly, they need to know God if they still don't. God takes away loneliness x1000000000!!!
///
Final night in Kyoto today we're leaving for osaka tmr and I think I'm gonna miss this place. Despite being sick of the food and weather and boring shopping malls, the quaintness of this town is very pleasant and the short break from city life helped me relax a bit. Hehe. Bye Kyoto I'll really miss u :'(
No comments:
Post a Comment